Hiking Mount Fansipan

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. Teck Chee says:

Hi, may i know which travel agency u engaged for the tour and how much was it? i am planning a trip there this dec :)

• Pei Xun says:

Hey there! I booked direct from my hotel after I arrived in Sapa. But if you wanna book in advance, you can try Vietnam Nomad Trails – when we walked into their shop in Sapa, it was US75/pax for 2D1N :)

2. Corrinne Lam says:

Hi Pei Xun, I’m Corrinne from Singapore, and I’m planning to do a 2D1N trek at Mt. Fasipan. Possible to advise if the trek routes are easy to follow and if it is really necessary to engage a guide. As I have some intentions to doing this trek alone without the guide. Thanks! And I look forward to hearing your reply! :)

• Pei Xun says:

Hey Corrinne! The trek routes are mostly easy to follow – but it’s not like it’s paved or there are signs along the way. Also, there aren’t that many hikers, so I can’t say there’s absolutely no risk of getting lost. If you’re a seasoned hiker who can keep a lookout for trodden paths, then should be no problem :)

3. Yi Ying Ng says:

Hello! Can I ask which tour guide you hired, and how can I contact them? (:

• Pei Xun says:

Hey there! I booked via my hotel (Sapa View Hotel) after I arrived. But if you wanna book in advance, you can try Vietnam Nomad Trails – when we walked into their shop in Sapa, it was US75/pax for 2D1N

4. Skye says:

Hello Pei Xun! May I ask if your hotel helped you book Vietnam nomad trails? Thanks for sharing the good information. Enjoyed reading your post

• Pei Xun says:

Hello Skye. Thanks for dropping by. Nope, Sapa View Hotel had their own packages which were pretty reasonably priced so we went with them. Only came across the slightly cheaper Vietnam Nomad Trails (right next door) after we came back and they allow for advance booking.

Happy hiking :)

1. May 31, 2015

[…] That said, it’s not an easy hike. The fittest may do it in a strenuous day hike, although most do it over 2D1N, or 3D2N if you want to take it slow. The climb promises majestic views of the Hoang Lien mountain range (more about my Fansipan hike here). […]